Whenever you are getting married, if you pick flowers that are in season, the cost of your bouquet will be less, fact. But which flowers are in season during the summer months?
We didn’t know the answer to this either, but after some research we now know that flowers such as the Sweet Peas featured in the first picture, would be perfect for your summer wedding.
I am slightly biased towards the simple yet pretty sweet pea. My Mum is an avid gardener and when she visits during the summer months, I often receive the gift of a small bunch of sweet peas from her garden. In fact I have some sitting on my desk right now.
Flowers such as the sweet pea have the added benefit of smelling pretty too. So even if you are not having them in your bouquet, they will be lovely on the tables, or around the venue in old jars.
If you are getting married in the summer months, the flowers in season are:
– Sweet peas
– Hydrangeas (they come in lots of pretty colours which we love)
– Peonies (a very popular wedding flower for obvious reasons)
– Varieties of roses (timeless)
– Flowering mint (pretty, and smells good too)
– Lavender (great for the bouquet, or made into scented favour pillows)
– Globe Thistle (great for buttonholes)
– Sweet Williams (great for adding colour to a bouquet)
– Lisianthus (perfect if you are looking for a deep purple flower)
Don’t worry if these names mean nothing to you, we have gone one step further by creating a Pinterest Board with pictures of all of them, plus some bouquet arrangements for inspiration.
What flowers will you be having?
Handmade Weddings is all about gorgeous accessories and regular blogging about all the things to consider when planning your wedding. If you have a question about weddings, why not get in touch and we will do our best to feature on our blog.